Expeditions staff are
ambassadors for cross-cultural Young Life ministries; everything they do flows out of
that mission. They’re often asked why
people should utilize the Expeditions office. Here’s why.
- Expeditions works in conjunction
with senior leadership and staff in international an domestic regions and U.S. areas to
determine the how, what, when, where and why of strategic and appropriate service.
- Expeditions has a "30,000-foot
view’' of a region’s calendar and can direct teams where the need is greatest.
and Spiritual Prep
- Trip leaders are equipped with team
meeting preparation plans, cross cultural training, articles, books. Expeditions staff invests a good deal of time
communicating with trip leaders on this topic.
- Expeditions offers comprehensive fundraising
guidance to trip leaders and trip participants.
- Expeditions process funds so all costs
associated with travel are tax deductible. Most areas don't have the capacity
or nuanced understanding of the IRS laws regarding travel and service.
- Expeditions offers online fundraising
- The Expeditions service center accounts
typically have the cash flow to be able to either pay for a team’s expenses
prior to travel or wire funds in advance, allowing staff to arrange for lodging,
transportation etc. They are able to alleviate
the burden of a team traveling with large amounts of cash or incurring personal
expenses by arranging for the host staff to manage the funds in advance.
- Expeditions staff has consistent communication with Regional leadership and national field staff and upcoming trip details and needs are part of our ongoing conversations. Because we've coordinated teams many times to the various locations oft times we are able to answer questions so as to allow national staff to continue to do their full time jobs of reaching out to kids in their communities.
- All teams traveling with Expeditions are entered
into the Young Life contracted global security organization ISOS. Staff monitor alerts and warnings and help handle claims when
Young Life's secondary insurance policy takes effect.
- Expeditions ensures that every traveler completes
the consent form and requires participants under the age of 18 to have a
notarized consent form by both parents when traveling outside the U.S.
- Expeditions has created crucial travel safety training
for teams that folks might not typically think of when traveling.
- Expeditions handles
flight arrangements with trusted travel professionals.