• A minimum $150 non-refundable deposit per traveler on all team Expeditions.
• Deposit amounts are determined by the Young Life staff based on Expedition type.
• Deposits will be applied to final costs.
Due Dates & Information
All payments are to be paid in full by the deadline specified by Young Life. If any deadlines are missed, you are responsible for any penalties or expenses. Any outstanding balances may be subject to an additional fee if not paid by the deadline.
The IRS allows travel-related expenses with Expeditions to be tax deductible based on many factors. Please note a person serving with Expeditions is fundraising for the overall Young Life Expedition team and not their own individual trip.
Young Life utilizes Managed Missions for all Expeditions online fundraising. This system is the ONLY online fundraising tool permitted for an Expedition.
Visas & Immunizations
• We do not offer reimbursements for passports, visas and immunizations. Some exceptions can be made based on a
country’s visa application process and under the discretion of the Expedition staff. Please note, we are unable to
provide cash to trip leaders or participants for any expenses.
• Participants are responsible for obtaining any documents required for their participation in an Expedition such as a
valid passport, all visas, vaccination certificates and any other documents. Failure to obtain documents does not
negate the terms and conditions and any extra costs incurred for rerouting due to travel without the necessary
documents will be the participant’s responsibility.
• Health Requirements: Participants must be in good physical and mental health. Any physical condition, diet or
treatment requiring special attention must be reported in writing when the reservation is made. Young Life encourages
participants to consult a doctor for specific medical advice about any activities or destinations. Certain Expeditions
may require that the participant obtain medical consent prior to departure as a condition of participation.
Young Life is unable to offer full refunds for Expeditions trips.
• If fundraising for an Expedition and a cancellation is necessary, please keep these things in mind:
• We can work to accommodate substitute travelers.
• There may be additional costs associated with changes.
• Funds already raised will remain within their team's account, which is under the discretion of Young Life.
• If paying out of pocket for your Expedition and not fundraising, we highly encourage trip cancellation coverage for an
• If there are political, security or natural disasters preventing a team or person from traveling, Expeditions’ complimentary
travel protection provides $1,000 in trip interruption coverage to offset costs. Complete Travelex Insurance Description of
Coverage is available.
• Airline tickets purchased are subject to the airline carrier’s policies
• Deposits are non-refundable unless otherwise stated in specific trip information.
If a team or an individual fundraises over the amount needed for airfare and field costs of the team, excess funds will be directed at the discretion of Young Life Expeditions.
If there is an emergency at home when a trip participant is
traveling, please call 1-888-963-4443 and select the emergency option.