Uganda and Young Life
Young Life in Uganda first began in the
village of Pallisa in 2005 with team of 15 trained volunteer leaders. Today Young Life ministry has grown and is
reaching areas in and around the capital city of Kampala, where staff have also
started Young Life College Ministry. Young Life Expeditions has been
sending teams to Uganda since 2007.
Young Life Uganda trips will have the opportunity to
serve alongside Young Life Uganda staff and volunteer leaders in Pallisa or Kampala
in one or more of the following ways:
- Work crew for Young Life Uganda outreach or Campaigner camps
- Community service projects (development of schools, clinics, Young Life
- Participate in local Young Life neighborhood clubs
- Homestay visits, contact work with Young Life leaders in local neighborhoods
- Assist Uganda staff with Young Life Leadership Training for
local volunteer leaders
Trip itineraries will generally center around seven to 10 days on the ground, hosted by local Young Life Uganda staff. The service component(s) of a trip will depend on current local ministry
needs identified by our Uganda staff. Groups typically have a minimum of 10 people, including the trip leader.
Potential groups should contact us to confirm available trip dates and
flexibility as this information is continuously being updated and is subject to change.